Industry: Building, Construction and Engineering
Date posted: Thu, 12 Jan 2017
Location: East Rand,
Expires: Mon, 13 Mar 2017
Compensation: R600000 - R950000 (Negotiable)
Reference Number: copy-MINING SALES
My client is a well established multi national engineering manufacturing company supplying specialised SAFETY capital equipment to the mining industry.
We are looking for an expert sales/business development manager who will manage the extensive distribution network - including branches, agents and distributors to grow the business locally but also in Africa.
URGENT - APPLY ONLINE TODAY
Job Title: Distributor Business Manager
Division: Business Region
Reports to: Market Area Head of Distribution
The overall management of an external sales organisation network in the specified Market Area territory in accordance to the company distribution policies and procedures
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy process and targets
- Implementation of the distribution strategy for the company
- The overall responsibility for all sales through external partners within the stated territory, including meeting the performance targets (CE and Services), which are set annually and are included in the annual business plan.
- The follow up of distributor performance, developing with the distribution director corrective action plans when required.
- The responsibility for developing and implementing training programs for individual distributors ensuring the required skill and personnel levels are within the partner’s organization
Operations / Sales and services
- Executes operatively the distribution business strategy
- Identifies and proposes territory development plans
- Identifies distributor candidates and assists in negotiations of distributor standard contracts
- Implements the company distributor policies, guidelines and tools
- Manages the interface with the business lines to ensure sufficient sales, service and technical support for distributors
- Gathers together market intelligence on current distributors, distributor candidates, competitors and customers and distributes it as appropriate.
- All partners correctly categorized by distributor, dealer or agent with the rewards based pricing structure rewarding distributors holding both services and CE inventory implemented and administered
- Pre contract check list completed and approved prior to any new distributor appointment
- All policies contained in the distribution manual implemented and maintained
- New distributor terms and conditions (including inventory holding) implemented, adhered to, and managed
- Ensure that the distributor completes by the required dates the following
- Distributor training initiative management to ensure staff are to the required skill base
- Management of sales external organization to ensure investment in staff and inventory
- Reports to Business Region Director of Distribution with a strong dotted line to the Territory Manager/ Director
Join Who's Who and earn badges while our ranking system tracks your professional progress:
|19326||Profile views this week|
|126||New profiles this week|
|0||Achieved Who's Who Status this week|