Executive Job Listing
Training Officer (External) and Business Development Consultant
Building, Construction and Engineering
Date posted: Mon, 20 Mar 2017
Expires: Fri, 19 May 2017
Compensation: R500000 - R600000
Reference Number: C4
We are looking for applications for a Training Officer for the Training Department. The successful candidate’s role will entail the management and administration of training within the deadlines and to the quality satisfaction of the client and related metering standards.
- Undertake responsibility for all training activities by planning and compiling of courses.
- Have extensive all round knowledge or the operations of an electricity supply authority.
- Responsible for the department’s administrative functions by scheduling meetings, creating deadlines, special projects, controlling budgets and time management.
- Acceptance/rejection of applicants for training staff, contractors and consultants by evaluating applications with respect to accepted pre-requisites to ensure compliance with agreed policies and code of practices.
- Responsible for the control and maintenance of records and ensuring that efficient training administration occurs by overseeing data control.
- Verifying applications from contractors and consultants for recommendation for Competency and Specifically Trained Persons by verifying information (e.g. Trade Test Certificates) with the Department of Labour and/or related authorities.
- Prepare detailed technical reports by researching and networking, to assist the Training Department.
- Market all the Training Department’s courses to Local Authorities, Eskom, Telkom, Major Industry and other Service Units throughout Southern Africa.
- Visiting depots and liaising with managers and staff to find deficiencies in training.
- Travelling to remote locations within Southern Africa to promote and conduct training.
- Assess learners and training personnel by carrying out structured assessments to ensure compliance with agreed codes of practices and guidelines.
- Carry out moderation on training materials by observing assessments, pursuing documents, etc. and making recommendation for final qualification to ensure compliance with agreed codes of practices and guidelines.
- Responsible for taking financial control by estimating the cost of training and budgeting accordingly to comply with budgetary constraints.
- Attending to ongoing financial needs of the Training Department by budgeting and forecasting future expenditure to comply with budgetary constraints.
- Ensure that effective training programmes are provided by updating training materials and developing assessment documents and unit standards to meet training needs in order to comply with SETA requirements.
- Maintaining adherence to legislation by compliance with the requirements of the National Skills Development Act and the National Qualifications Framework to align all the courses with the above institutions.