Executive Job Listing
ICT and Telecommunications
Date posted: Mon, 20 Mar 2017
Expires: Fri, 19 May 2017
Compensation: R360000 - R480000
Reference Number: CPB03014
Our client based in Cape Town is looking for an experienced Database Administrator
Main daily responsibilities will include:
- Estimate database capacities, develop methods for monitoring and maintenance of database instances for data miming and reporting
- Review and make recommendations for tuning existing environments
- Design and tune new tables and databases create, update maintenance scripts and data import/export processes
- Maintain reports in Jaspersoft Deliver ad hoc SQL-based reports combining data from multiple data sources
Main Requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Production Database Administrator
- 3+ years of experience on writing Linux shell scripts, Perl scripts etc. Languages and Software Packages:
- Experience with High Availability MySQL/Percona environments
- Experience with workflow engines and creating traceability of data through multiple systems.
- Experience with database reporting systems, especially Jaspersoft
- Experience working in a software development environment with software configuration management and agile development practices
- The DBA role requires hands-on production database administration skills, deep technical expertise with MySQL and Percona Server.
- Sound understanding on installation, configuration, patching, supporting and upgrading MySQL and Percona servers
- Strong understanding on MySQL backup and recovery strategies.
- Strong understanding on MySQL replication.
- Should be good with query tuning and performance optimization
- Should be good with MySQL stored procedures and functions
- Good exposure to Linux operating system
- Languages: Linux shell scripting, Perl, Python
- Database: MySQL, Percona, MSSqlServer
- Tools: Percona toolkit, MySQL Utilities
- Development Methodologies: Agile development
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also contact Caitlin or Sharne on XXX-XXXX. Alternatively visit our website on www.hireresolve.co.za
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hiring Company Details