Environmental and Social Internships Job
Apply now Apply now
Date: Apr 11, 2017
Location: Halfway Gardens,, ZA
Environmental and Social Internships
Location: ZA-Halfway Gardens,
Job ID: 2017-12901
Area of Interest: EN - Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 2
Education (Minimum): Honour Degree
Posted Date: 4/11/2017
Experience (Years): ..
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WGRADVAC, J2WMINE
More information about this vacancy:
Golder Associates is seeking entry level environmental and social practitioners to join their team. These staff will be expected to provide assistance to all facets of the environmental and social business during their employment. These service areas include impact assessment and permitting (BA, EIA and EMP’s), Social Management services (social impact assessment, stakeholder engagement, Social and Labour Plan development etc.), biodiversity services, environmental auditing and contributing to proposal development. These positions will be in Golders Midrand office (Waterfall city) and appointed staff will form part of the Environmental Africa Group. The appointed practitioners will be accountable through the line management structure to the Team Leader. This is a 12 months fixed term employment position.
As a consultant joining our team you will be expected to:
* assist on small and large-scale integrated ESIA projects;
* play a co-ordination role on projects, assisting with the management of budgets, invoicing, deliverables and project teams;
* attending meetings with the project manager, clients, authorities, and team members;
* assist in writing proposals and reports;
* undertake site visits and fieldwork (this may require working away from home / South Africa from time to time);
* deliver quality work, on time and within budget.
QUALIFICATIONS and KNOWLEDGE
* A minimum of a postgraduate degree qualification in a recognised environmental or social field. Research-based MSc will be an advantage.
* Good working knowledge of the MS Office suit of programs, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
The successful candidate will be someone who can successfully demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
* ability to work well as part of a team, or independently;
* interacts effectively and regularly with the direct line of report and project managers;
* delivery driven and consults team leader and senior staff when required;
* technically astute with a high attention to detail;
* articulate with the ability to write well;
* has a ‘safety first’ approach and demonstrates a positive health and safety awareness;
Apply Online - Golder's Africa Region:
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
BEE Information: Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates in line with Golder Associates Africa’s policies.
Information Policy: Golder Associates Africa (Pty)Ltd. and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment. However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind by Golder Associates Africa (Pty)Ltd. shall not be an indication that your application will be successful or lead to employment. Also note that preference will be given to internal applicants and applicants from the designated groups.
Back to Africa Region Start Page
Software Powered by iCIMS
Job Segment: Research, Entry Level