Business Analyst (Intern) South Africa
LOCATION: Cape Town, South Africa
AREA OF INTEREST: Business Strategy and Operations
JOB TYPE: Intern/Co-Op
We have an excellent opportunity available for a student to gain hands on valuable experience working on a business plan for the Cisco IoT team. The internship will ideally start this fall and will be a 6-10 week-long internship depending on the hours worked. We welcome students who are able to work full-time or part-time (up to 20 hours per week). The internship is paid.
Why You'll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you'll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You'll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Develop creative ways to help Cisco operate more efficiently. Collaborate with cross-functional teams and solve for business issues. Facilitate new business models and process improvements.
What You'll Do
* Develop innovative solutions for real business challenges
* Collaborate on cross-functional projects
* Analyze internal processes, data, and problems
* Identify issues and areas for improvement
* Identify new business models and benefits from enabling new capabilities
* Map internal processes and improve how people work together
* Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Business, Industrial Economics, Economics, Management, Finance, Information Systems or related field
* Great academic record
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
* High level of customer focus and service excellence as you seek proactive and practical solutions
* Strong collaboration skills with internal/external customers and cross-functional teams
* Excellent communication skills, “can do” attitude and team player in global environment
* Effective time-management skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
#univanalystjobs #Engineering #Finance