Cast of Eternity - South Africa's first vampire movie
Eternity, released by Indigenous Film Distribution, is South Africa's first vampire movie, and features a mostly South African cast.
- Ian Roberts is a South African actor, playwright and singer.It was seven years after he left school before he decided he wanted to be an actor. Ian became a South African icon when he played the character of Boet in a long-running series of television advertisements for Castrol motor oil. In addition to series television, Roberts has also acted in a number of mini-series and made-for-TV movies including A Private Life (1989), Daisy de Melker (1993), Rhodes (1996), Inside (1996), Mandela and de Klerk (1997), Black Velvet Band (1997), Efterträdaren (1999), King Solomon's Mines (2004), Coup! (2006) and Crossroads (2006).
- Christina Storm is a South African model and actress best known for her fashion modelling and for appearing in over 200 television commercials.
She made her acting debut in 2007 in the M-Net soapie Egoli, playing the role of Bienkie Naude.Christina was one of the celebrity contestants on M-Net's Survivor South Africa: Santa Carolina, in 2010.
- Hlomla Dandala is a South African actor, television presenter and director. Best known for his role as Derek Nyathi in Isidingo (1998 to 2001), he currently plays title character Jacob Makhubu in the television series Jacob's Cross.
- David James is a South African film, theatre, and television actor. He is known for playing Kobus Venter in the 2009 Oscar-nominated science fiction film District 9. He also stars in the South African modern-day vampire film Eternity. In March 2010 James was a celebrity presenter at the Naledi Theatre Awards.
- In Film
'His intensity, combined with his vulnerability and sense of disaffection were qualities in an actor that felt utterly new.' Top Billing on SABC3
"It's something I have always had a passion for, I think my life will be devoted to art and dramatics." Andre Frauenstein
'And who knows what's next for South Africa's newest golden movie star, or shall we rather say our very own James Dean' Huisgenoot Magazine on Andre Frauenstein the actor - Mariette Pool
'He slept in the day, and did not see the sun for three months' Die Sondag newspaper on preparing for his role in 'Eternity' - Yolanda Barnard
The one real performer in the film is Andre Frauenstein, Dirk's half-brother, and even in a corny slapstick role, he radiates star power." Barry Ronge The Times Newspaper for Sunday Times
Born and raised in South Africa, Andre Frauenstein started DJing at the tender age of 13. With a passion for music & DJing he went all out to break into the industry, which was already brimming with talented artists. Throughout the years he's become widely acclaimed for his intense stage presence, as well as his outrageous antics behind the decks, spanning several different musical scenes and movements. Andre Frauenstein quickly moved in to DJ at top events and festivals around the world, like one of his most memorable shows at Love Parade (Essen) Germany (1.3 million people attending)
His endless dedication & passion having paid off, Andre Frauenstein is now known as one of the leading electronic DJ/Producers in South Africa, with his music being supported by the biggest performing artists around the globe.
What punctuates Andre Frauenstein skills as a DJ and producer, is his capacity to not only incorporate diverse genres and styles, but to transcend them by infusing his music with pure emotion and loyalty. Whether its sitting behind the control board, playing to his followers, or searching for the next great release, Andre Frauenstein will continue to shine as the master at work.
- DANCING EXPERIENCE:I have been dancing from the age of 5. I have done all styles such as modern, tap, ballet, hip hop, funk, afro fusion. In 2003 I got my Practical Modern Dancing Teachers and in 2004 I qualified as a modern dancing teacher.
MODELLING EXPERIENCE: I have appeared in various projects such as: Coca Cola TV Advert, placed 2nd in the Face of Cressi competition in 2009, Jet clothing TV Advert, was involved in a local movie called The Race-ist, various music videos,as well as my shoot in FHM in 2009.
DRUMMING EXPERIENCE: After school i spent a year at COPA (Campus of Performing Arts) studying Sound Engineering and Music Performance with Drums as my major. I have now been playing drums for 12 years. I played fro IcarusFall for 3 years, toured and played for Evolver opening for Prime Circle and The Parlotones. I also Co-found an all girl drum and percussion ensemble called Chix with Stix. I manage, market, and organize the bacd as well as organize events and book shows.
We have been playing together for 7 years and tour around the country and internationally consistently. I also teach drums privately from my home studio.
ACTING EXPERIENCE: I have appeared in 3 local music videos, 2 of which i was the lead role. I was recently the lead actress in a local film called Eternity which is a South African vampire movie to be released on 16 December 2010.