Forgot your password?
Already registered on Facebook or LinkedIn? Sign in using those account details.
Or register with: FacebookLinkedIn
What is your professional reputation? Click here to register and find out.
Post your Who's Who profile on your website or your blog with our handy profile sharing widget →
Currently resides in: Gauteng, South Africa
in Johannesburg South Africa
MD of Star Hero Communications, Founder of Nuovo Hair, Publisher of Kasi Times
in Kagiso Trust Bold Step Campaign
Founder of Nuovo Hair Extensions & Accessories
Publishing, Printing and Print Media
Kasi Times is a pioneering magazine that seeks to upend social stereotypes of young South Africa. Through business, career, fashion, lifestyle, art and culture, and success stories, we have reintroduced to new young adult to South Africa in a vibrant form that had never been seen before, telling our own stories and presenting a colourful, more rounded view of what it means to be modern, forward-thinking and South African in the 21st century.
- Recruiting the best available talent for Kasi Times
- Leading the team of writers responsible for the profitable publication of Kasi Times
- Editing an authoritative publication that will earn the respect of readers, the business community and advertisers
- Developing and implementing a content strategy that will increase the readership of Kasi Times across all platforms
- Managing and developing content strategy, writing and editing and proof reading digital and print material
- Developing, managing and editing the website design in conjunction with the Graphic Designer
- Determining the approach and tone of Kasi Times, calibrated towards the publication's unique target audience
- Identifying relevant opportunities to generate content for Kasi Times
- Identifying and appointing authoritative and stimulating columnists that will enhance the readability and standing of Kasi Times
- Determining the strategy to achieve the editorial objectives of the publication
- Managing the performance of members of the team
- Developing social media strategies integrating the use of LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook as a marketing tool
- Overseeing the publication production process
- Liaising with PR companies, ad agencies and media departments to market the publication
- Helping sales team with sales pitches and lead generation
- Managing business relationships with existing and potential advertisers as well as business partners
- Custom and digital publishing for corporate clients
- Organising the Kasi Business Connection events
Broadcast Media, Multimedia and Film
Star Hero is a diversified media company engaging in communications and events. It has a portfolio of major projects including custom publishing, graphic design and branding, events, campaign management, video production, web design and development.
Our mission is to be the leading provider of high-quality multiple media platforms by continually building a position of strength in strategically located markets.
The company’s operations include websites, events, specialty publications and niche publications targeted to various demographic, geographic and topical communities of interest.
My responsibilities include: Overseeing operations of the Communications and Events Divisions; Project Conceptualisation, Project Design, Planning and Implementation; Strategy Development.
Please follow our company updates on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/star-hero-communications-and-events?trk=tabs_biz_home
Building, Construction and Engineering
Project managing the e-Recruitment project business case modelling to implementation
- Coordinating the implementation of the HRSmart e-recruitment application
- Leading team members in driving the development and customisation of the HRSmart system
- Central point of contact between the ATSmart development team and the business unit
- Writing detailed and accurate user requirements documentation
- Performing functional testing, process and application analysis with e-recruitment project team
- Participating in determining detailed functional requirements and technical specifications with the development team
- Managing issues during change processes ensuring that the project meets agreed service level agreements
- Managing systems user access and profiles
- Providing training and support to end-users
- Maintaining responsibility for integrity of data in the e-recruiting system
- Ensuring authorization process undertaken for each position within the organization
- Screening candidates and preparing shortlists of candidates for referral to prospective line managers
- Scheduling and conducting panel interviews with line managers, functional experts, Organisational Performance Manager and an EE Committee Member
- Driving the use of Shadowmatch during the recruitment process to ensure best behavioural fit to team profiles
- Arranging psychometric and Shadowmatch assessments for candidates
- Advising Line Managers on recruitment decisions
- Designing work samples with Line Managers per position and ensuring alliance to identified key competencies
- Developing a pool of potential candidates in the e-recruitment application
- Producing monthly performance reports and measuring resourcing metrics to reduce time and cost per hire
- Liaison with recruitment service providers
- Negotiating favourable rates with preferential Vendors and managing placement costs within agreed upon budgets and service level agreements
ICT and Telecommunications
Project managing the e-Recruitment project business case modelling to implementation
• Coordinating the implementation of the HRSmart e-recruitment application
• Leading team members in driving the development and customisation of the HRSmart system
• Central point of contact between the ATSmart development team and the business unit
• Writing detailed and accurate user requirements documentation
• Performing functional testing, process and application analysis with e-recruitment project team
• Participating in determining detailed functional requirements and technical specifications with the development team
• Managing issues during change processes ensuring that the project meets agreed service level agreements
• Managing systems user access and profiles
• Providing training and support to end-users
• Maintaining responsibility for integrity of data in the e-recruiting system
• Ensuring authorization process undertaken for each position within the organization
• Screening candidates and preparing shortlists of candidates for referral to prospective line managers
• Scheduling and conducting panel interviews with line managers, functional experts, Organisational Performance Manager (OPM) and an EE Committee Member
• Driving the use of Shadowmatch during the recruitment process to ensure best behavioural fit to team profiles
• Arranging psychometric and Shadowmatch assessments for candidates
• Advising Line Managers on recruitment decisions
• Designing work samples with Line Managers per position and ensuring alliance to identified key competencies
• Developing a pool of potential candidates in the e-recruitment application
• Producing monthly performance reports and measuring resourcing metrics to reduce time and cost per hire
• Liaison with recruitment service providers
• Negotiating favourable rates with preferential Vendors and managing placement costs within agreed upon budgets and service level agreements
Human Resources and Recruitment
• Recruitment sourcing through print and web-based advertising, employee referrals and networking;
• Overseeing the recruitment process from job specification to offer and acceptance;
• Driving the use of e-recruitment methods to achieve best practice;
• Manage applications and response, providing feedback to management and to candidates on interviews in a professional and timely manner;
• Searching the company database and web board databases, and websites such as Career Junction and Staffmine for relevant candidates;
• Contributing to the attraction of candidates and maintaining the candidate database;
• Interviewing candidates of all levels and playing an active role in helping them find new career opportunities;
• Client Relationship Management;
• Proposing and implementing strategic marketing plans;
• Prospecting for new clients;
• Attending industry events and networking, thus establishing and maintaining network of contacts;
• Delivering Geostaff Presentations at industry events including the annual student talks at various universities;
• Website Administration;
• Facilitating psychometric assessments for candidates as requested by clients;
• Meeting recruitment targets and providing regular status reports;
• Responsible for contract management and post-offer management;
• Strong understanding of recruiting processes and procedures;
• Report on status, effectiveness and quality of specific sourcing initiatives;
• Designing and institutionalizing marketing tactics to generate more resumes by utilizing the Internet and related channels such as campaigns with focused presence on key sites and industry-related magazines
Editor and Publisher, June 2010 - present
Launched in Gauteng on the 28th of May 2010, Kasi Times, which was founded by Nonhlanhla Nxumalo and Sibusiso Mahlangu under Star Hero Communications, is a pioneering magazine that seeks to upend social stereotypes of young South Africa. Through business, career, fashion, lifestyle, art and culture, and success stories, we have reintroduced to new ‘young adult’ to South Africa in a vibrant form that had never been seen before: telling our own stories and presenting a colourful, more rounded view of what it means to be modern, forward-thinking and South African in the 21st century.
Kasi Times showcases success stories, aiming to motivate, inspire and empower a new generation of go-getters seeking to make their mark in business, in their careers, and in their lifestyles. It showcases trendsetters and the vivacious lifestyle of young South Africa with all its rich complexities.
Drawn to the notion that every black South African is connected to ekasi in one way or another; it’s one thing that binds us – a thread that grounds us and sets the benchmark of the heights we want to reach in our lives. Our pages reflect the diversity of the black South African, with contributions from all over the country and an inclusive audience that continues to grow exponentially.
Kasi Times lauds the urbanites, the kasi-rooted change-makers, visionaries and all the inspirational men and women who exemplify what it means to be proudly South African in an ever-changing global community.
Kasi Times' target demographic is predominantly young, urban followers. They are young, ambitious, professional, creative and entrepreneurial. They are determined to “make it”- with or without tertiary education. They are very aware of themselves and of the world around them and are determined to make a statement. They aspire towards affluent living as a reward for their hard work. They are black, literate and relatively comfortable with technology. This consumer segment is talented and has great potential. They have big dreams and see the world differently, and they believe they can be a success.
""Only but a few can immerse themselves in their work like Nonhlanhla does. None can dedicate time, welcome pressure and have drive and passion for solving the most challenging of tasks more than she does.
Working with her on a variety of projects for over 5 years has been a pleasure and honor as I observed the professional, responsible and personal discipline.
Society needs more dependable, reliable, hardworking, honest and consistently capable and competent professionals of her calibre.
It is with absolute pleasure that I can attach my name to this recommendation (and sound like I was paid to do it or sucking up)."" - 2012
""Nonhlanhla is a detail-oriented manager who never loses sight of the strategic objective and delivers on time."" - 2010
""Nonie is focused and driven, with excellent entrepreneural skills. She is a quick learner, is well spoken, and always sees projects through to completion."" - 2010
""Nonhlanhla is to me a cutting edge, A list woman. She is an incredibly talented, creative and vibrant person. She brings her passion and magical touch to any environment she finds herself in. Her work in Kasi Times has inspired me immensely, she has provided creative platforms to nurture other's to growth and self development, I absolutely love working with Nonhlanhla."" - 2010
Incorrect information? Click here to report this profile.
Join Who's Who and earn badges while our ranking system tracks your professional progress: