Forgot your password?
Already registered on Facebook or LinkedIn? Sign in using those account details.
Or register with: FacebookLinkedIn
What is your professional reputation? Click here to register and find out.
Post your Who's Who profile on your website or your blog with our handy profile sharing widget →
in Pretoria South Africa
I am a Human Resources Professional with a comprehensive understanding of human capital management and strategies. I am able to devise and implement coherent HR plans whilst improving internal processes and procedures within a demanding environment, project deadlines and budgets. I have excellent leadership skills which include but are not limited to managing and motivating other staff to achieve organizational objectives. I am an effective communicator at all levels within an organization with good problem solving and analytical skills.
As HR Business Partner, I participate in and support the development, implementation and achievement of the regional HR strategy ensuring all key requirements are met and that it contributes to the region being "fit for purpose".
*Responsible for overall human resources management of the Regional Centre.
*Support and act as a backstop to the Regional HR Manager and matrix manage HR Managers in 5 countries.
*Ensure that direct reports are clear about expected standards of performance, that they are motivated and developed to provide professional HR services across all areas (Regional Centre and the 6 countries).
*Provide professional HR advice and support to managers and employees on a full range of HR activities (Policy interpretation and implementation, recruitment, selection and induction value chain, performance management, employee relations, remuneration and benefits, learning and development,organisational development, change management, employee wellness, equity and diversity management).
*Coordinate and undertake relevant training and coaching sessions.
*Provide a regional advisory and coordination/facilitation role, acting as the main point of contact between the Oxford Head Office and support across 6 countries within the Southern Africa (SAF) Region.
*Monitor and evaluate quality of HR data and processes across the region by ensuring accuracy, identifying and resolving underlying issues and reasons for problems.
*Prepare and submit legislative reports ensuring legal compliance is maintained at all times.
*Undertake relevant project work that requires independent thought and research within required timeframes.
*Compile the HR budget and work closely with the Regional Finance Manager to ensure an integrated service is provided to the organisation in relation to all issues that have financial impact.
*Managing resources (people, assets, budgets) within defined boundaries and specialist area.
*Lead the development and implementation of the global and/ or regional Human Resources strategy, ensuring its alignment with overall regional objectives and international division’s objectives
*As a senior manager of the regional management team contribute to the overall management of the region, drawing on own diagnosis, professional knowledge/experience and knowledge of the business,
*Contribute to and advise on change management within the region, especially with regards to the development and shaping of the workforce and its ways of working.
*Provide the Regional Director with sound and effective advice on all staff issues and support managers in the region on the care, development, performance, motivation and contribution of the workforce.
*Coaching and mentoring of country HR teams, particularly in relation to the interpretation and application of policy in complex situations
*Participate actively as a member of the regional HR team, in the continuous improvement of HR service to the region including a wider involvement outside key areas of responsibility as required.
*Lead on and manage HR recording and data systems
*Monitor and evaluate quality control of HR processes within countries
*Collation and analysis of key regional HR statistics and timely contribution and input to requisite management information e.g. MMR (Monthly Management Report), QMR (Quarterly Management Report), including reporting on gender & diversity.
Academia, Education and Training
* Recruitment, Selection and Placement
* New Employee Induction
* Human Resources Development
* Employee Relations
* Change Management
* HR Planning
* Performance Management
* Remuneration and Benefits
* Job Profiling
* Employee Wellness and Wellbeing
* Employment Equity and Diversity Management
* Legislative Reporting
* Ensuring Compliance to Policies and Procedures and Legislation
* Day to Day Management of HR Operations
* Provided Generalist HR service to the various departments within the Faculty of Health Sciences.
* Responsible for the staff recruitment of low level up to senior management positions.
* Coordinated the administration of benefits.
* Facilitated the orientation of new Faculty of Health Sciences employees.
* Ensured effective management of probationary period.
* Coached and counseled employees and managers on employee relations matters.
* Monitored, renewed and effected fixed term contract terminations as and when necessary and notified management and employees accordingly.
* Implemented an efficient leave management system.
* Provided regular and ad hoc reports to management and employees on staffing matters.
* Facilitated the profiling of new and changed jobs.
* Ensured the correct application of job evaluation and grading in line with the purpose and principles.
* Monitored and evaluated employees and management for compliance with Labour Law.
* Handled disciplinary enquiries, counseling and grievance procedures with the direction of the IR Specialists.
* Assisted line managers with regard to managing performance problems.
* Compiled monthly statistics and reports (appointments, promotions, terminations, contract extensions, transfers, leave etc.).
* Ensured that all the separation procedures have been adhered to.
Transportation and Logistics
ICT and Telecommunications
Government, Public Administration and Defence
Consumer Goods, Fashion and Retail
2010 - 2011
Course in Skills Development Facilitation - NQF5
2010 - 2010
2007 - 2008
Human Resources Management
GAUTENG, South Africa | 2006 - 2016
Short Courses - HR, Reward
2002 - 2002
MSCE Certificate - SQL Server, Network Info Admin, Directory Services Admin, Design & Implementation, Exchange Server
PC Engineering - Diploma
Member, February 2009 - present
"I worked with Paulinah and she was an HR Officer at that time, she performed her duties with authecity,she is reliable and delivers.To date she has left a legacy which is remarkable and her performance continues to shine even though she has left the organization." - 2011
"Passionate about Human Resources, Calm, Knowledgeable, Resilient, Compassionate, Efficient, Effective, Very Professional." - 2013
Incorrect information? Click here to report this profile.
Join Who's Who and earn badges while our ranking system tracks your professional progress:
You need to be registered and signed in to network with this member.