We shall take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purposes of this clause "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000.
We may electronically collect, store and use personal information with your consent (if you don't consent to this, please do not access or register on the website). This personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- name and surname;
- education and employment histories, including -
- academic institutions you attended;
- qualifications you obtained;
- your opinion about yourself as a professional;
- descriptions about your positions;
- organisations you worked for or were engaged by;
- industries you have been involved in;
- positions you occupy and have occupied; and
- dates on which you were appointed or engaged;
- professional affiliations and associations;
- the services you may use on the Internet;
- address and contact details including your -
- your email address;
- country of residence;
- area or postal code; and
- family information including your -
- parents' names;
- spouse's or partner's name; and
- children's details;
- miscellaneous biographical information about you including -
- interesting facts and noteworthy events;
- achievements; and
- other activities;
- personal preferences;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns; and
- IP address.
We collect, store and use the personal information described in order to (but not limited to the following) -
- enable you to create personal profile on this website and thereby access this website;
- enable you to make use of this website in the manner described on this website, from time to time;
- enable other website users to find you on the website and connect to you;
- communicate requested information to you, for example through user alerts;
- communicate information to you regularly, for example through newsletters;
- compile and maintain the website and member database;
- register and/or authenticate users of and/or visitors to the website;
- identify and take reasonable measures to prevent fraudulent uses of or access to the website;
- compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to the website;
- attract advertisers by showing anonymised information about the database, for example demographics;
- track database size and growth; and
You may request details of your personal information which we collect, store and use. The process you should follow is detailed in our Promotion of Access to Information manual, details of which are set out below.
Personal information collected from you may be deleted from the website and member databases when your account on the website is terminated for any reason.
We may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell the personal information subject to the following:
- We shall not disclose personal information unless the person from whom the personal information is collected, consents thereto;
- We shall disclose the information without your consent only where we are compelled to do so by law; and
- We may compile, use and share any of the information that does not relate to a specific individual.
In the event that your personal information is inaccurately or incompletely reflected on the website, you agree that it is your responsibility to notify us of this fact and to supply us with the accurate or complete information to enable us to address your concerns.