Are you a writer or blogger? Email us to share your content with over 200,000 of our readers
Do you want your hair to grow longer? You want your hair at waist-length before the end of the year? It is not uncommon to hear a lady complaining about how slow her hair is growing. Stunted hair growth is an issue a lot of women struggle with and cannot seem to find the solution to.
So before you lose hope and grab a pair of scissors to chop your hair all off, read this. Here are two natural ingredients -which you already have in your kitchen, that would make your hair grow like crazy.
1. Onion Juice
Onion is rich in antibacterial and antifungal properties, the use of onion for hair truly helps keeps hair loss at bay. They are not only very good at hair follicle nourishment and help restore lost nutrients to your scalp but they also are rich in Sulphur, which is known to minimize breakage and thinning. They have potent anti-bacterial properties and help fight infections of the scalp. This, in turn, helps reduce hair fall as scalp infections can cause massive loss of hair. Onion can be blended into a juice for hair growth or just used as it is.
How To Use Onion Juice For Hair Growth
- Peel the onions and cut them in 4 parts
- Blend these pieces in a juicer/grinder
- Add a little water and then filter the juice using a muslin cloth.
- This will ensure that no onion chunks are stuck in your hair while you use the juice
- Using your fingers, gently massage it into your scalp using circular movements
- Let it sit for one hour
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo with a nice fragrance to get rid of the pungent smell of onions
- Do this often to witness the benefits. You can actually try this once a week for 2 months to see some visible difference.
2. Rice water
Rice water is thought to contain many of the vitamins and minerals contained in rice. These include amino acids, vitamin B, vitamin E, minerals, and antioxidants. Rice water detangles the hair, makes hair smoother, increases shine, makes hair stronger and helps hair grow long.
How To Use Rice Water For Hair Growth
First, you have to make the rice water and soaking happens to be the quickest way.
To use this method:
- Take ½ cup of uncooked rice
- Rinse thoroughly
- Place rice in a bowl with 2–3 cups of water
- Leave to soak for 30 minutes
- Strain the rice water into a clean bowl
Rice water can be used in place of a commercial conditioner. To do this, a person should:
- Wash hair with shampoo
- Rinse thoroughly with water from the tap
- Pour rice water onto their hair
- Massage the rice water into the hair and scalp
- Leave on for up to 20 minutes
- Rinse hair thoroughly using warm water from the tap