There is not much left of 2021, so why not finish it with a successful bursary application! We look at some of the bursaries still open for applications this year and that are closing in December.
The bursaries below are all closing in December, be sure to check the deadline to make sure you get your application finished in time! These bursaries are only available to citizens of South Africa who meet the specified eligibility criteria.
- JSE Empowerment Fund Bursary: The Johannesburg Stock Exchagne runs a fund to help empower disadvantaged South African students.They provide financial assistance to students studying the following fields: Actuarial science, computer science, IT, Data Analytics and Mathematics. The application deadline is 31st December 2021 – Read more and apply for the JSE Empowerment Fund Bursary.
- Prince Albert Municipality Bursary: The municipality of Prince Albert offers a number of financial support awards to disadvantaged students. It covers a large range of degrees from Accounting to Town Planning. The application deadline is 31 January 2022 – Read more and apply for the bursary here.
- Hexagon Trust Bursary: The Hexagon Trust is a non-profit NGO that provides financial assistance for students looking to study degrees in engineering, commerce and science. They have been operating in South Africa for over 30 years and have so far awarded over 15,000 bursaries to students. The application deadline is 31 December 2021 – Read more and apply for the Hexagon Trust Bursary.
- SANZAF Zakah Bursary: The South African National Zakah fund is a faith-based organisation providing funding to support welfare, education and emergency relief. As part of that, they provide bursaries to students looking to study further education. Funding covers tuition fees, accommodation, meals etc. The application deadline is 31 December 2021 – Read more and apply for the bursary here.
- Umegni Water Bursary: Umegeni Water is a state owned enterprise responsible for water supply for industries and residents of KwaZulu-Natal. They also have a bursary programme to encourage students to further their studies in the sciences. The application deadline is 31 December 2021 – Read more and apply for the Umgeni Water Bursary. You can download the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Webber Wentzel Bursary: Webber Wentzel is a leading law firm in South Africa with over 150 years of experience. They provide scholarships to academically gifted students who they believe have potential to become successful lawyers in the future. They provide a particle scholarship to assist students with expenses in completing the last two years towards a Bachelor of Laws degree. The application deadline is 31 December 2021 – Read more and apply for the bursary here.
Remember that the National Student Financial Aid Scheme is currently open for applications. The NSFAS provides financial assistance to students looking at further education at any public university or college in South Africa. It has never been easier to apply for the NSFAS Application with their online application process. Applications for 2022 – 2023 will close on 7 January 2022, so check out the process and get your application in as soon as possible to make sure you don’t miss out on the opportunity! You can also keep an eye out for internships if you are coming towards the end of you studies and looking to get a headstart into your career.
Note: The application for any of the above must be submitted by the due date. Late submissions will be rejected. It is advised to apply sooner rather than later to increase your chances.