Despite the latest controversy surrounding Cricket South Africa (CSA), 50-over world champions England are still on track to land in the country for a limited-overs tour.
England are scheduled to play three One Day Internationals and as many T20s beginning in late-November when they land in South Africa.
England tour to South Africa still on
There have been concerns that the tour would be in jeopardy, following the dismissal of the CSA interim board by the members’ council earlier in the week.
However, according to the Daily Mail, the England Cricket Board (ECB) has been told that the tour is still on.
According to the publication, CSA director of cricket Graeme Smith has told his English counterpart that the tour is still on.
“Cricket South Africa’s Director of Cricket, former captain Graeme Smith, has assured his opposite number, Ashley Giles, that it will be ‘business as usual’ as far as playing the game is concerned and that England’s players will remain unaffected by the turmoil which could soon see the SA government’s Sports Minister place the organisation into administration,” the Daily Mail wrote.
The Daily Mail
The CSA interim board was dismissed less than two weeks after its members – which included former cricket chief Haroon Lorgat- were named by Sports Minister Nathi Mthethwa.
Friday, 27 November at 18:00 (SAST): 1st T20I South Africa vs England, Newlands, Cape Town
Sunday, 29 November at 14:30 (SAST): 2nd T20I South Africa vs England, Boland Park, Paarl
Tuesday, 1 December at 18:00 (SAST): 3rd T20I South Africa vs England, Newlands, Cape Town
Friday, 4 December at 13:00 (SAST): 1st Betway ODI – South Africa vs England, Newlands, Cape Town
Sunday, 6 December at 10:00 (SAST): 2nd Betway ODI: South Africa vs England, Boland Park, Paarl
Wednesday, 9 December at 13:00 (SAST): 3rd ODI: South Africa vs Eng, Newlands, Cape Town