Urgent COVID-19 hotspot alert issued for WC’s Garden Route

0
68

Urgent COVID-19 hotspot alert issued for WC’s Garden Route

George, which currently has 628 active cases, was on Tuesday the highest in the province.

A crew of a private ambulance service in Port Elizabeth wear personal protective equipment on 11 July 2020 ahead of checking on a patient affected by COVID-19 coronavirus at her home. Picture: AFP.

CAPE TOWN – The Western Cape government on Tuesday issued an urgent COVID-19 hotspot alert for the Garden Route.

President Cyril Ramaphosa also singled out the region when addressing the nation last week.

Provincial authorities said they were concerned over a rapid rise in infections in George, Knysna and Bitou.

George, which currently has 628 active cases, was on Tuesday the highest in the province.

Premier Alan Winde said, “The garden route is recording major increases in COVID at the moment. We need the help of every person to stop the surge.”

__your iOS or Android device.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here