It’s not uncommon to have acne. Stubborn pimples on the face can, in actual fact, affect one’s self-esteem.
Innovations in medicine have, however, brought quite a number of remedies to help deal with the stubborn symptoms of acne.
But these ointments also come with side effects. And there’s also the trouble of finding the most suitable one that won’t cause more reactions. This is especially considering how delicate the human skin is.
This is why natural remedies are being considered now than ever before.
With a handful of these natural remedies, experts say that only the ones that have been scientifically proven are actually potent enough to get rid of the unpleasant – albeit common – skin condition known as acne.
However, that said, this guide shows 4 scientifically-proven natural ways to get rid of pimples and acne in the fastest way possible.
Moisturize with Aloe Vera
A tropical plant with leaves that produce a clear gel, aloe vera is a proven traditional remedy for bacteria and inflammation. It has also been proven to help in the healing of wounds.
Other skin conditions such as psoriasis, rashes, cuts, and burns have also been fought with the help of aloe vera and it yielded positive results.
Lupeol, salicylic acid, urea nitrogen, cinnamonic acid, phenols, and sulfur are all components of aloe vera and they have been proven to fight the bacteria that causes pimples.
Medical experts have also advised that aloe vera gel works better and more effectively when mixed with other remedies or ointments.
How to use aloe vera gel for pimples
- Use a spoon to scrape the gel out of the leaves
- When you want to apply other acne treatments to your skin, also apply the aloe vera gel. Alternatively, you can mix the aloe vera gel with the treatment and apply on your skin.
- Repeat once or twice daily
Apply Honey Mask
Honey mask is another natural way of getting fast results if you want to clear your pimples. A natural antibiotic, honey works in removing dirt and impurities from the skin. One of the fastest way to get good results is to use a honey mask.
How to use honey mask for pimples
- Add two tablespoons of honey to a cup or bowl.
- Then add one teaspoon of cinnamon and mix together.
- Rinse your face and pat it dry
- Apply the mixture of honey and cinnamon on your skin all over the acne and leave overnight to get desired results.
Use Cucumber Mask
As an anti-inflammatory used in treating puffy eyes, cucumber has many benefits in the skin. A natural remedy for pimples, the properties of cucumber produce fast results.
How to use cucumber for treating pimples/acne
- Peel one-half of a cucumber and chop it into pieces
- Put the pieces into a blender
- Add two tablespoons of fresh aloe Vera gel
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it for 10-15 minutes
- Then rinse it off with warm water
The health benefits of green tea are not derived from just drinking it often. You can also derive benefits from it when applied directly to the skin. The properties of green tea include flavonoids and tannins which are known to be anti-inflammatory and also fight the bacteria that causes pimples outbreak.
How to use green tea for pimples
- Boil water
- When it is boiling, put in a green tea and leave it in for 3 – 4 minutes
- Allow the tea to cool
- Use a cotton ball to apply it to your face
- Leave it on for 10 minutes or overnight
- Then rinse your face with water.
- Apply once or twice daily.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.